2018 SHCP Vision for 2018:
On Wednesday 31st January, the Surry Hills Creative Precinct held its 2018 AGM. 2017 Treasurer Leigh Harris delivered the Treasurers Report, and 2017 President Jimmy Saruchera delivered his annual Presidents Report before indicating he would not run for 2018 President due to overseas work commitments.
Nominations for Board Vacancies were submitted and voted on by all attending members. We are pleased to announce the 2018 SHCP Board positions for 2018:
President: Leigh Harris, founder Urban Village
Vice President & Treasurer: Dylan Salotti, Divitis Finance
Secretary/Admin: Debbie Charlwood
Marketing & Communications: Naomi Tosic, The Office Space
Design and Digital Strategy: Adrian Kotik, Walter Wakefield
Events: Will Sturrock, Michael Reid Gallery
The new committee were unanimous in their desire to do more in 2018 to support, connect and represent Surry Hills businesses, owners and workers. At its first committee meeting in February, the new board set the 2018 agenda to include:
- New membership packages to deliver even greater value to members;
- New business skills workshops to provide opportunities for both teaching and learning within our local business community;
- Membership drive to increase local business engagement with their business chamber;
- Participation in formal grant submissions to secure funds from City of Sydney to implement initiatives to benefit the chamber and its members;
- Implement campaign to encourage ‘work local’ movement to promote referral and commercial collaboration between Surry Hills businesses;
- Continue to drive “Head to Surry Hills’ campaign to promote those businesses directly affected by the light rail development;
- Improve communications tools (website, newsletter) to increase engagement and interest of members and potential members;
- Strengthening relationships with local council to create avenues for effectively representation issues affecting Surry Hills businesses;
As your business representatives, we encourage you to actively contribute to your local business chamber, both through taking out a $95 annual membership, and through offering your suggestions and feedback (email@example.com).
We are committed to actively serving our fantastic business community in 2018.