The City of Sydney is now offering small business grants for projects that fall into 4 categories – business, environment, cultural and community. The new program aims to strengthen Sydney’s competitiveness, improve productivity and capacity, and promote business opportunities.
The business support grant provides matched support for businesses, property owners and non-profit organisations to increase business offerings and programming at night. The grant also aims to increase the quantity and quality of live music and performance venues and programming.
Funding is available for:
- Live music and performance – matched grant up to $30,000 for venue improvements to grow and enhance the quality and quantity of proramming.
- Night-time diversification – matched grant up to $30,000 for 1 or 2 years for programming at night (6pm to 6am) to encourage increased variety of offerings in commercial precincts.
- Place and industry – matched grant of funding requested for initiatives over 1 or 2 years that promote, connect, grow and advocate for local economies.
The commercial creative and business event program provides support for events that deliver significant economic benefits to local business communities and residents. This applies to major creative events, as well as national and international business meetings, conventions and exhibitions.
Depending on the nature of your business or project, you may also consider applying for one of the following:
- Innovation grants – support for new technologies or processes that may help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cultural grant – for cultural and creative projects that align with our cultural policy.
- Matching grant – for grassroots and local projects that contribute to vibrant, sustainable communities.
- Knowledge exchange sponsorship – for events that promote the sustainable development of cities, programs that mentor new businesses, networking events, tools to communicate knowledge within social, cultural, green and business industries and programs that build skills in businesses and non-profits.
- Accommodation grant – lease a City space at a reduced rate.
- Quick response grant – for small-scale initiatives for local residents and organisations, focusing on people selected to participate in sporting, academic, cultural and environmental initiatives, but who are experiencing financial difficulties – as well as emergency support for community, cultural and sustainability projects.
- Ratings and assessment grant – for organisations looking to undertake energy ratings for the first time.
Head to http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/business/business-support/business-grants-and-sponsorships for more information.